Our DIY Co-Sleeping Crib

We co-slept with both of our boys, and plan to do the same with our baby girl. With the boys, I just put a toddler bed rail up on the side of my bed to prevent them from falling off, but the bed rails are so unattractive, and I really don’t want to put one on my bed again, since I just finished decorating our master bedroom. (You can find more pictures of our master bedroom here.) I started looking at co-sleepers on Craigslist, and decided to check out Pinterest as well, where I found this DIY co-sleeping crib idea on IKEA Hackers. You all know that my husband and I love IKEA and DIY projects, so we just had to try it out!

We purchased the IKEA Sniglar Crib and Phillip painted it gray using an Interior Satin paint from Sherwin Williams mixed to match the shade “Gravel” by Restoration Hardware. When he assembled the crib, he left one side off, which is a feature of the bed already. He then cut a half inch or so off the legs to ensure that the crib mattress (we have this one) was level with our mattress. He then used two lashing straps (similar to these) to very securely strap the base of each end of the crib to our metal bed frame to ensure that the crib will not move at all.

IMG_4497

This step is very IMPORTANT because you don’t want any type of gap to form between the two mattresses where the baby could get caught or wedged. (If you are new to the idea of co-sleeping, I recommend you read up on co-sleeping benefits and safety here.)

I followed this tutorial to make a bed skirt for the crib to add a feminine touch and also to hide the nylon straps that are securing the co-sleeper to our bed. It was super easy to make and only cost me around $10! The fitted chevron sheet is from Target.

I have been working on a little quilt for my baby girl for a while now, and I am happy to say it is finally finished! I decided to not go with a traditional crib quilt size (45″x60″), because I plan to use this quilt more as a floor quilt and lap quilt, rather than a bed cover, since you are not supposed to use those with babies anyway. The finished size of my quilt is 36″x36″.

Similar to my carseat canopy/nursing cover, I used the Spinning Stars Quilt Pattern by Anna Maria Horner and the quilt is primarily made up of fabric from her Loulouthi Collection, as well as a few other fabric selections that coordinated nicely.

Favs2

I used a lightweight natural cotton batting and backed the quilt with a cute flannel, following Made By Rae’s Cheater Quilt Bind Off Method to finish it off. Instead of machine quilting it, I simply hand-tied it with different shades of lavender embroidery floss.

I am really pleased with how it turned out and I LOVE the colors!

IMG_4068b

It isn’t perfect, but that’s what makes it one-of-a-kind and special. A perfectly imperfect, one-of-a-kind, special little quilt made by a mama who can’t wait to meet her perfectly imperfect, one-of-a-kind, special little girl uniquely made by our creative heavenly Father.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

Your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

Psalm 139:13-14

Signature

Click here to read my review of the co-sleeping crib after one year of use!

{Safety Disclaimer: I am just a crafty, mama blogger and this co-sleeper is something we have made to use with our daughter and feel that it is a safe co-sleeping option for us. If you choose to make one similar, please take all safety measures and precautions to ensure that the crib is securely attached to your bed and that there is no gap between the mattresses. I also highly recommend that you read up on co-sleeping safety here. When it comes to your children, you can never be too safe, so please don’t just take someone else’s idea (even mine 🙂 ) without doing your own research first. Also, a reader noted that in the UK, the IKEA SNIGLAR crib does not have the 3-sided option, so it appears the IKEA GULLIVER cot would be the better option, but since I personally used the SNIGLAR, I cannot offer any help or feedback on using the GULLIVER cot for this DIY.}

Enter your email address to receive blog updates via email

Comments

1. love it. it’s beautiful..just like you!

2. Your baby quilt is so cheerful and pretty. Even if it doesn’t go into the co-sleeper with baby, there are SO many other things to use them for!

3. Hello! I love this co-sleeper idea, but how do you make your bed with it bolted on? Also, up until what age would you use this? Would the crib’s mattress need to be lowered at some point so that the railings are high enough when the baby can stand up in it?

Thankyou and nice job!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Sophie, my quilt is very thin so I can just tuck in down in between the mattresses in the event I do make my bed (which hasn’t been happening much lately, LOL.) As far as how long we will use it and lowering the mattress…I’m not sure. This is my first time using an official co-sleeper (my boys just slept in the bed with us), so I guess we will just play it by ear. The nice thing about this crib, is that my husband can put the side back on at anytime to convert it back to a regular crib, so I am guessing that when she gets big enough to pull up and stand, we will just lower the mattress and put the sides back on for naps, and maybe even bedtime, if she does well in the crib. Each child is so different. Hope that helps some!

4. Jenny Clark says:

I love the designs you have done, but I must say as a mom who as co-slept with three kiddos, this seems dangerous. I am seeing a lot of moms pin this on Pinterest and it has me concerned. Co-sleeping with kids in a bed is safe with precautions, but at no point can there ever be a gap between a bed and a co-sleeper that is in the “sidecar” position like this. That is why the Dr. Sears co-sleeper has a bad and paddle that goes under the mattress and attaches to the other side, to ensure it does not slip and create a gap. This is the first of these DIY cosleepers I have seen, and I just think its plain dangerous. Not to mention a potential legal issue for someone even sharing it. If you are going to keep this up, it could be wise to put up a disclaimer on co-sleeping and your example. I am not trying to be critical at all, just careful and cautious as a co-sleeping mom myself! : )

• Amanda Medlin says:

Jenny, I appreciate you voicing your concerns because I think co-sleeping is a wonderful thing, and I don’t want to be the cause of anyone doing it unsafely. Although I said in the post that we were bolting the crib frame to our metal bed frame, my husband decided to go with nylon straps very similar to the strap used with the Arm’s Reach Co-sleeper. The crib is so securely attached to our bed that I can’t even get it to budge. I will edit my post to better explain how our co-sleeper is attached, as well as add some links to co-sleeping safety, and a legal disclaimer. Thank you for the suggestions!

• Love the idea! Just having a hard time trying to picture how you secured them. Is there anyway you can post a picture on how you bolted and secured the two together?

• Amanda Medlin says:

Mareena, I have updated the blog post to include a picture of how we strapped the base of the crib to our metal bed frame. Hope that helps!

5. Love it! And I think it’s big enough that I can put twins in it! I wondered if you could possibly take some photos of the nylon straps that your husband used to attach it? Or maybe an example of how you did that? I know that’s obviously a very, very important part of the install. I’m also sure my husband will do whatever necessary to safely secure it to our bed but I hoped to just give him some idea of what worked for you guys. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea!! Congrats on your little girl!

6. Would you be able to include the height of the mattress/your beds mattress? I’d like to try this but have a rather high bed and want to make sure the crib mattress would be level. Thanks!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Val, Our mattress measures about 23 1/2″ high. When we put the (standard) crib mattress in the co-sleeper, it measured about 24″ high, so my husband cut about 1/2″ off the legs to make the two mattresses level.

7. Hi I love this idea but I am more so interested in buying this crib from ikea and using it as a traditional crib. I love the idea of painting the crib but was unsure what paint would be safe. I would love to know what kind of paint did your husband use on the crib?

• Amanda Medlin says:

Tayler, We just used an eggshell Interior acrylic latex wall paint from Sherwin Williams. We had the shade matched to “Gravel” by Restoration Hardware.

8. Did you buy the IKEA mattress too? I was just curious if it was a standard sized crib mattress and if any crib sheets will work?

• Amanda Medlin says:

Emily, I didn’t really like any of the mattresses at IKEA, so I just ended up buying a standard crib mattress from Target, so any standard crib sheets will work.

9. I made a cosleeper exactly the same way in may of 2013 for my baby girl and I. It was the best thing for us especially since I nurse her.
    I would recommend transferring your baby to there own crib around 6 months, since its easier for the baby. It wasn’t easy for me as I really missed having her right there next to me. But since she wasn’t so aware of her surroundings yet she made the move quite easily.
    Great post thank you

• Amanda Medlin says:

Sabrina, Glad your co-sleeper worked so well for you! We brought our little lady home on Sunday night and ours is working great for us too! Thank you for your comment!

10. What mattress did you get for your crib? We have the same one and the ikea mattress has “compressed” after putting sheets on it. it’s like he sides don’t meet the edges in the corners now. DD is 2 so entrapment isn’t an issue now but I’d like to find a better mattress for our next kiddo.

• Amanda Medlin says:

Bethany, I didn’t really like the IKEA mattresses, so I ended up purchasing a standard crib mattress from Target. It is working really well!

11. This is impressive! I like the idea of converting the crib into a co-sleeper. I co-slept with my son and loved it. I also loved the bedding that you chose. I found you via Pinterest and I am glad I did! I will be filing this away for #2 🙂

• Amanda Medlin says:

Thank you! Now that our daughter is here, I love the co-sleeper even more. It is really working out great!

12. I love this and the crib is bigger than are regular co-sleeper so your baby can stay closer to you for longer! We used a playard for our son when he was little but I would have preferred this set up:)

13. Hi Amanda great co sleeping idea. My husband is moving our Ikea crib right now since our baby boy is growing out of the Arms Reach. Did you have any concerns about pushing the crib up to the wall so your pillows were possibly in the way ? Thanks

• Amanda Medlin says:

Not really. I was more concerned with leaving a gap up near the headboard that she could get stuck in or fall through. The crib is so big and she is so small, that I just position her head near my chest, so the pillows aren’t an issue.

14. This is the best idea! I have this cot in storage as a spare, I will definatly be doing this for my next baby! Thanku so much for the great Idea!!!

15. Hi Amanda!
    Love your blog! I just stumbled here through a link with a picture of your co sleeper, but it in no way gave credit to you or your blog. The link was http://how-do-it.info/diy-co-sleeper-made-from-a-69-99-ikea-crib/
    Just wanted you to know!

16. Hey.

Great DYI. I’m considering doing this myself, but I’m wondering what is the mesaurement from the floor to the top of the mattress of the king size bed?

Thanks 🙂
    Christina

• Amanda Medlin says:

Christina, Our mattress top measures approximately 24 inches from the floor. We had to cut about an inch off of the crib legs to make the two mattresses level.

17. kristi minter says:

I did something similar just not as nice. I just pushed my bed up against the baby bed that was up against the wall and used the lower setting on baby bed (the lowest mattress position). The mattresses do not meet up evenly, although my little one is 14 mos old so I wouldn’t recommend uneven mattresses for younger babies. It works for us.

18. Thank you for this amazing idea. Before my son I was 100% against co-sleeping, but then he was born and shock! I learned I didn’t have all of the answers. This time around I have been looking at co-sleepers of this sort, keep baby close but in their one safe place. Those co-sleepers are insainly expensive and since I love Ikea anyway I can’t wait to do this project.

• Amanda Medlin says:

Yeah, I was indifferent to co-sleeping before my first was born, and now I can’t imagine not doing it. Hope the DIY co-sleeper works well for you!

19. This is brilliant! And you did such a great job making it beautiful. I wish I had seen this a year and a half ago, but of course I was dead set against cosleeping like the poster before me, and now I only wish I had done something like this from the beginning! And it’s just so pretty!

20. I would love to do this for #2 but our bed is tall! Plus we have a pillow top mattress so ours measures apx 34 in off the ground. Any ideas for making this work for a taller bed? Maybe some kind of bumper under the sheet between the bed and crib or something? Or if it’s that secure would it be an issue that it’s not level?

• Amanda Medlin says:

Lacie, I personally wanted mine as level as possible. I was afraid that if they were not level, the baby could roll against the higher mattress and possibly block their airway, at least when they are tiny. Your mattress is about 10″ higher than ours, so I’m not sure if this particular crib would work for your bed or not.

• Lacie we do this with a regular non ikea crib and I just moved the spring base higher and screwed it in. Works for our big bed.

21. Does anyone know of a smaller crib that we can do this with? like a mini-crib?

22. Mariana says:

So I found your pictures on pintrests and love the idea, but if you don’t mind me asking how big is your bed? I want to use a side car crib, but our bed is only a queen and I keep seeing pictures as if the crib basically takes over the side of the bed. Like I’d have to scoot down to the bottom of the bed to get out. Silly concern I know, but getting in and out of bed to change my little guys diaper seems like it would be pain. Also did you not do the extra let down piece that the guy did on ikeahackers? It seemed unnecessary to me.

Best regards,
    Mariana

• Amanda Medlin says:

Mariana, We did not do the drop down piece. We just left it off altogether and can always add it back on if we want to convert the crib back. Honestly, the co-sleeper is kind of long, even on my king bed. I rarely get up in the middle of the night, so it’s not been a problem for me, but if you do get up often, you may want to try something else if you don’t want to crawl to the end of the bed. 🙂

23. Hi! This may be dated but I just came across this and I love the idea. Since this was last year maybe you’ll have some insight to how it worked. We have a pretty tall bed so I’m wondering how we could get her crib that high and if a convertible crib would work like the bed you found at Ikea…Sadly my daughter is 9 months but refuses to sleep in her own bed so I guess the best thing to do is make it as safe as I can when she’s with me. Thank you and look forward to your response! 🙂

• Amanda Medlin says:

V, It has worked great for us! Now that Kate is 10 months old, we have actually lowered the mattress to act more like a crib so that she can’t crawl off the bed while she is napping during the day. At night, she starts off in the co-sleeper, and if she wakes up, I just put her in the bed with me to nurse and sleep. Since your daughter is already 9 months, it probably wouldn’t hurt for her mattress to be a but below yours if you can’t raise her crib high enough to make it even. But of course, whatever you feel is safest for her!

24. My husband and I put this together last night. .did everything exactly like you but we can not get the crib mattress flush with ours. There is a gap..we had to stuff towels on the far side so it would be against our mattress with no gap. With the way the crib is built it seems impossible not to have about a 2 inch gap.what am I missing? ?

• Amanda Medlin says:

Brandi, I’m not sure why your gap is so large. There is a small gap on mine, enough to tuck a blanket down in, but definitely not 2 inches. I wonder if my bed mattress is thicker somehow, because I just went upstairs to look at it, and the crib sides are pressing into my mattress. Here’s an idea…cut a small piece of foam or thick quilt batting the length and height of the crib mattress and use a heavy-duty tape to secure it to the side/sides of the bare crib mattress, then pull the mattress protector and fitted sheet over that foam/batting to hide it. That should fill the gap and won’t be noticeable. Hope that helps!

25. We just did this! Thank you for sharing! With my mattress, it isn’t super firm like his is, so when I take him to my side, it isn’t a perfectly even surface between the two mattresses. I can see that mine looks a lot like yours! Did the tiny line between the two mattresses bother you while your daughter was small? My son is 3 months and I put a quilt underneath us both to get rid of that tiny little unevenness. I’m also brainstorming ways to somehow connect the two mattresses so if the big one were to somehow shift, it wouldn’t create a hazard.

• “His” would be my son! Sorry.,.. mommy brain!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Ashley, I think the line bothered me a bit when we first put it together but it was such a small space and it never caused any problems at all. If you want to fill the gap, see my response to Brandi’s comment above about using quilt batting underneath the crib mattress protector. Hope the co-sleeper works well for you!

26. Love love love this idea! Ikea is the best. 🙂 I’ve been looking for something other than the plastic cosleepers. This is perfect so the little man is near by but still has his own space!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Stephanie, It is a lot prettier than the plastics ones. I love it when pretty design meets functionality!

27. Laura Robertson says:

My friend showed me this post last week so I got the Singlar bed off craigslist and we set it up last night. My baby is 4 months old and has been sleeping in our bed almost from the start. We never planned to cosleep but at first he would only sleep if he was next to me so it was the only way to get decent sleep. I plan to slowly get him used to sleeping in the co-sleeper so we maintain his sleep routine. He just took a long nap in it – so far so good! Thank you for the inspiration!

28. Joe Chacko says:

I’ve been looking at the IKEA website (for the UK) and the SNIGLAR cot no longer seems to have the features Amanda describes. The GULLIVER cot matches the description and the photo much more closely. Most importantly, the GULLIVER cot has a 3-sided option and the SNIGLAR cot does not. Please check carefully before you buy either!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Joe, I checked and it does appear that for those shopping IKEA UK, the GULLIVER cot appears to be the better option for this DIY. For those shopping IKEA US, the SNIGLAR is still available with the 3 sided option. Thanks for the heads up!

29. Hi Amanda – Thanks so much for posting this. We’re about to set our Sniglar up for baby boy due in several weeks! I’m already wondering what we’ll do for naps or putting the baby down at night before we go to bed once he starts to roll over. I noticed you mentioned that by the time your daughter was 10 mos, you’d lowered the mattress to prevent crawling onto the king bed. I guess I have 2 questions for you: did you feel the need to do that once she could roll over? And what’s the height difference between your mattress and hers once you lowered her mattress? We’ve been really excited about the crib sidecar idea since we discovered it months ago, but we’re perplexed about how to deal with the baby sleeping while we’re not in the bedroom. Have spent quite a bit of time brainstorming other possible removable barrier options between the crib and the bed, but it’s hard to know what would actually be safe! Thanks in advance for your feedback – really appreciate your insight since you’ve been doing this for a while! : )

• Amanda Medlin says:

Kelly, I didn’t lower the mattress until she started pulling up. She never rolled a major distance, so napping in her crib or in the middle of our bed was fine. Sometimes I would place bed pillows around the perimeter of our mattress just in case. I use a baby monitor, so as soon as she wakes up, I go and get her. Now that the mattress is lowered, the difference in the two mattresses is approximately 11 inches. Hope this helps!

30. cj cooper says:

What did you use to strap your bed to the base of the crib. Since the side is removed. It looks like you added a piece of wood to the bottom of the crib that isa bit wide but it doesn’t look like a part of the original crib. I don’t have the crib yet so it’s s little hard for me to visualize. Thanks for your help!

• Amanda Medlin says:

CJ, we used “lashing straps” that I linked and pictured above in the blog post. And we didn’t add any additional wood. That is just the crib against our metal bedframe.

31. I’ve been looking into this cosleeping hack and I think it’s a great idea! However, looking from your photo, seems that you didn’t lower the mattress part, but how would it be stable? I am questioning about this because I checked the assembly instructions PDF file for IKEA’s Gulliver crib, and they show a graph that we shouldn’t assemble it so (page 18 graph 7) http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/assembly_instructions/gulliver-crib__AA-715952-2_pub.pdf
    How were you able to keep this wood piece (page 17) in the middle section of the crib, where the mattress stays fit in the middle part without the bottom part missing that wooden piece to keep the crib safe and solid.
    Hope that you can clarify this for me, as my husband and I really believe cosleeping would be a great experience with for us and our baby.

Best regards,
    Susan

• Amanda Medlin says:

Susan, I’m sorry it took me so long to reply. This was a question I needed to ask my husband, and I kept forgetting. First, we used the Sniglar crib, not the Gulliver, and although they are very similar, the Sniglar assembly instructions do not have a graph showing that it shouldn’t be assembled that way. My husband said that because of the way the crib is secured to our bed frame, it is supported with the mattress raised, but we would never just put the crib up against the wall with the mattress raised and the side off because the mattress wouldn’t be supported (and obviously it would be too high off the ground to not have the side attached.) I hope this helps to answer your question, but like I say in my disclaimer, I’m just a crafty mama blogger, not a safety expert, so please only do what you feel is best for your child. 🙂

32. Can I ask you what the names of the color used for the bed skirt and bows are? I can’t find it anywhere!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Honestly, I don’t remember. I am pretty sure the skirt fabric is a Kona Cotton Solid that I found in the quilting fabric at JoAnn’s. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

33. I love this. This is exactly what I want to do. What height is your own bed? I’m trying to see if I’ll have to trim the legs or not. My bedfram and mattress are 24 inches off the floor. Thanks!!!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Denise, Our bed frame and mattress are also about 24 inches off the floor and we trimmed about a half inch off the bottom of the crib legs to make the crib mattress level with ours.

34. Were you able to keep a bedskirt on your bed after attaching the crib? I just ordered our crib and we are planning to attach it to our bed but I started thinking I would have to leave a bedskirt off of our queen bed and that will not be a pretty sight!

• Amanda Medlin says:

Yes Brittany, we kept our bedskirt on our bed. It is just bunched up where the crib is attached to our bed to allow for the straps to secure the crib to our bedframe. Our bed would also not be a very pretty sight without our skirt, so thank goodness it worked out to keep it on! 🙂

35. it’s Nice

36. Akinsanya Racheal says:

How do I get d one for twins ,location,and amount

• Amanda Medlin says:

The crib is available at IKEA. The link to IKEA and the directions to attaching it to your bed are in the blog post.

37. Rochelle says:

How can I purchase the co-sleeper? I’m 5 months with my first child and would love to have this crib.

• Amanda Medlin says:

38. I love, love, love this!
    I was curious about the paint you used though. My husband and I were wanting to build our son something similar to this, but we are nervous about using paint and unsure about what kind of paint to use. We didn’t know if there were any safer options for babies (since they put their mouth on everything!). We just want to make sure we use a paint that will be okay if our son puts his mouth on. Do you have any safe suggestions?

39. JAZMINE FLAMER says:

DID YOU HAVE TO USE BABY SAFE PAINT?

40. Handy! I’m going to do this for my Jack Russell terrier. I’m going to consolidate households with the love of my life and my Jack Russell takes up 1/3 of a king size bed. Getting him out of the bed will not be possible – he’s 14 years old.

It’s frustrating to find a suitable solution. This will be handy as I think he will tolerate it since he gets to have his space that is at our level that he’s accustomed to.

If we get another dog someday, the dog will *not* sleep in the bed. Live and learn.

Thanks for a great looking, functional set up.

41. Valerie says:

How does one but the crib that attachs to the bed?

• Amanda Medlin says:

The crib is the Sniglar from IKEA and the instructions for attaching it to the bed can be found in this post.

42. Emel Dalgic says:

Thank you very much for this, we will attempt it. However, our bed frame is very high. I was wondering if you could tell me the height of the Sniglar without the mattress in it? Maybe we will add wheels to the sniglar or something instead of sawing off.

• Amanda Medlin says:

I actually no longer have the crib because my daughter has moved to a big girl bed, so I can’t measure it for you. Looking through the comments, I had told someone that our mattress sitting on the frame measured 24″ high from the ground and we had to trim an inch or so off the crib to lower the mattress to the height of ours. So my guess would be that the mattress measures 25-26″ high without trimming the legs down.

Trackbacks

1. Easy Projects to Make Your Own Baby Crib Bedding | For Women says:

[…] DIY and photo credit to: http://amandamedlin.com […]

2. 31 Brilliant Ikea Hacks Every Parent Should Know - Home Writers says:

[…] Get the instructions (along with important safety information) here. […]

3. 31 Brilliant Ikea Hacks Every Parent Should KnowZociall | Zociall says:

[…] Get the instructions (along with important safety information) here. […]

4. 31 Brilliant Ikea Hacks Every Parent Should Know | eKanpSack says:

[…] amandamedlin.com […]

5. […] is around twice as much. What I did was go online and search for a DIY option when I came across this post. I followed the links in it and with the great help of my husband and my son we created this […]

6. 13 Genius IKEA Hacks Every Parent Will Totally Love - Men Are Here says:

[…] via amandamedlin […]

7. […] they were so expensive so I found a website explaining how to make a DIY version using an ikea cot here – it’s a pretty nifty idea even though mine looks nothing like that! She sleeps for the first […]

8. […] so I found a website explaining how to make a DIY version using an ikea cot <a href=”http://amandamedlin.com/2013/11/diy-co-sleeper-pretty-little-quilt/&#8221; target=”_blank”>here </a>- it’s a pretty nifty idea even though mine […]

9. […] the possibility of building our own, much cheaper version of a cosleeper. I’ve found an Ikea hack which looks as though it’ll do the job. Basically you buy Ikea’s cheapest crib, the […]

10. Link Love - Week 16 says:

[…] A DIY Co-Sleeper. In LOVE with this IKEA hack. […]

11. […] Our super-duper contraption. I actually made something more like this […]

12. […] Ever since I learned my baby’s name, I have been slightly obsessed with all things hope-related. Songs about hope, poems about hope, hope art, hope jewelry, hope scriptures, quotes, and t-shirts. I haven’t actually bought anything except a few songs from iTunes, but I have plans to make some art to hang over the co-sleeper we’re planning to make. […]

13. […] Check out this DIY Co-Sleeping Crib by Amanda Medlin […]

14. Products I loved & What I Could Live Without - Moms Don't Sleep says:

[…] Let me start by saying I loved the bassinet that was given to us and I have heard of a lot of babies doing well in a bassinet, just not my kid. It was beautiful, gender neutral, and had all mesh sides for better ventilation (Find it [here]). It was pretty pricey which is why I was so excited when one of our family members gave it to us after their daughter had outgrown it. I was also extremely disappointed when I took my son home, and he HATED it. I really wanted him in my bedroom since my husband was not home, and I was breastfeeding. Plus, I’m a HUGE worrier and felt better with him close to me. The support feet were curved, which made the bassinet bounce every time he moved (which the box said was to meant to “soothe” babies) but instead, woke my baby up. So I removed the curved part and had my dad replace it with flat wood so the bassinet did not move. He still hated it. I have no idea why, he just would not sleep in it, not even for an hour (even when he was placed in it already asleep- he would wake up and cry). Wanted NOTHING to do with it. Which is why I slept in his room for a few weeks before dragging the crib in my room, removing the front rails and securing it to my bed (DIY co-sleeper: click for more info). […]

15. Co-sleeping + DIY | world of a single mom says:

[…] heb ik naar de volgende website gekeken waar het heel netjes en met veel tips wordt uitgelegd! De bedjes van Ikea zijn perfect voor […]

16. […] with our little babe, so having something attached to the bed was my goal. I found this awesome Ikea hack, which uses this crib style since one of the sides come off. You can then tether it securely to the […]

17. […] 23. Turn an Ikea crib into a co-sleeper. [DIY] […]

18. […] This is a great solution for co-sleeping parents who want bub close by but don’t want to fork out a fortune for an expensive co-sleeper. The best thing of all? When baby does make it into his or her own room, you can add the side back on and use it as a cot. You can try this with this Gulliver cot that is available in Singapore. Don’t forget to read and follow all the safety instructions mama and dada! (via: Amanda Medlin). […]

19. Befix Blog says:

If You Re Looking For That Little

[…] with ours. There is a gap..we had to stuff towels on the far side so it would b […]